“(De)classified briefing on the Election of 2016” is a declassified version of the highly classified poem, “Classified Briefing on the Election of 2016.”
Since a poet rarely can publicly reveal the full extent of her knowledge or the precise basis for her assessments, the reader must accept that her analytic judgments are based directly on collected information; while others rest on previous judgments, which serve as building blocks in rigorous analysis.
The poet’s judgments include her confidence levels in those judgments (low, moderate, and high) that refer to the evidentiary basis, logic and reasoning, and precedents that underpin her judgments.
Judgments will be rendered in bullet form.
- Your crazy “patriot” uncle will keep sharing on Facebook news articles from RT (Russia Today) while continuing to defend Americans from the unpatriotic efforts of a NFL football player refraining from singing the National Anthem. (High Confidence)
- Vladimir Putin will become a regular on Fox’s Hannity and Friends. (High Confidence)
- There will be no new gun laws implemented in the next four years. More Americans will die from guns in the hands of madmen - not women. (High Confidence)
- Women will continue to earn less than men for the same job. (High Confidence)
- America’s schools will become even more segregated and those serving poor brown and black children will continue to get the least funding. (High Confidence)
- Abortions will become harder, if not impossible, for poor, women of color to obtain. White affluent women will continue to have the greatest number of reproductive options. (High confidence)
- The War on Christmas will be waged with greater vigor during the next four – possibly eight – years. (High Confidence)
- There will be no increase in the minimum wage but a significant decrease in the capital gains tax and wholesale elimination of the estate tax. (High Confidence)
- The female victims of white rapists will continue to face harsher judgment than their attackers. (High Confidence)
- Donald Trump will determine which companies to target via Twitter based on the performance of his hedge funds. (High Confidence)
- The repeal of Obamacare will cost lives and sick Americans will go back to calculating the value of their life compared to the cost of the cure, including potentially, the poet who has cancer. (High Confidence)
- Things will get worse before they get better. (High Confidence)
The poem was developed in adherence to the industry accepted tradecraft standards to provide the American public with assessments that are intellectually rigorous, objective, timely and useful.